Invented by Focus Designs (USA) the SBU V3, self-balancing unicycle, is honestly a new dimension to travel and riding it ensures a genuinely exceptional experience. Riding for joy or as a great means to get from one location to another- all can be enjoyed exclusively, thanks to this new-age unicycle. Weighing merely 12.2kg the SBU V3 has turned out for many people in the United States become a vital part and parcel of their daily travel. Easy portability makes it the perfect in-between commuter as it can be carried on the bus, the underground, the train, and placed beneath the desk at work.
Precision crafted by hand with 6061 alloy, built to last and look good, the ultra-portable SBU is capable of 23 stone (148 kg) loads.
The new-age utility unicycle carries no handlebars and no steering wheel thus ensuring freedom from those controlling gears. One can steer his SBU with natural leaning motions and experience a new significance of travel. The rider just needs to lean forward to go and lean back to slow down/stop.
The SBU takes about 20-30 minutes to learn and once the user master it riding turns out as easy and natural as walking and talking. Using features like Turn Assist, Push Back and Smart Sense the SBU V3 actively “learns” the rider’s motions and accomplishes a slew of safety calculations every second of the ride. The sensors are the key to the SBU’s superior movement capabilities. Multiple 3-axis accelerometers and gyros ensure superior inertial measurement ensuring a breath-taking yet comfortable ride.
Among the host of technological achievements of the SBU there is the motor control module. The Focus Designs Pure Sine Wave controller is far more advanced than contemporary tools available in the market. With regenerative braking, supreme efficiency, perfect silence, and torque control at a granular level, the brushless DC motor controller reigns supreme in its class.
One can place the order via:www.eddyline.co.uk
RRP SBUV3: £1,685 (INR 159683)
- 3 pieces (Main Body, 2x Bottom Feet)
- 6061 Aluminum Alloy
- Black Semigloss Powdercoating
The SBU V3 is capable to reach a top speed of up to 25 km/h. The maximum hill climbing capability is up to 30 per cent grade. Despite its low weight and size it is able to carry persons of up to 145kg (325 lbs) weight.
The range that can be achieved with the SBU V3 on a single charge is between 12 and 16 kilometers (7.5-10 miles). It depends on driver’s weight, terrain, driving style, etc.
The SBU V3 has a number of high-tech control systems, among them the variable speed control, Turn Assist™, Push Back™ and Smart Sense™, all of which contribute to the unique driving experience you have with the SBU V3.
The breaking is performed by an electronic motor brake. Furthermore we have incorporated regenerative braking so you recover a good part of energy when braking. WARNING: Do not attempt to travel down long steep inclines on a 100% fully charged battery. Failure to comply may result in damage to the battery or to the circuit due to the regenerative braking.
- Self-Balance is only in one axis (the forward and backward axis)
- Left / Right balance is maintained by the user. Estimated 20-30 minutes learn time.
- Noob Wheels (optional) to ensure easy balance for beginners.
- 1,000 balance-calculations per second ensures rapid feedback and balance correction in unpredictable environments.
- ON/OFF Button With Status LED
- Two position, press “in” to activate SBU.
Power Override Key Lock
Once locked, the SBU cannot be turned on.
Use only Focus Designs supplied charger to recharge battery.
Height: 711.2mm (28 inches), Width: 403 mm (15.9 inches), Depth: 457.2mm (18 inches)
Height: 711.2mm (28 inches), Width: 192 mm (7.5 inches), Depth: 457.2mm (18 inches)
Height: 571mm (22.5 inches), Width: 192 mm (7.5 inches), Depth: 406.4mm (16 inches)
Battery & Charger
- Split-pack + Battery Management System (16-cell total)
- 53V / 2.5Ah / 122Wh (each 1/2pack is 61Wh) / 8.9g ELC
- Lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4)
- Rechargeable via provided charger.
- City ride time: 2 hours
- Nonstop sprint time: 1 hour
- Battery shelf time: 3 months
- Output: 58.4V, 2A
- Input: 100-240V, 50-60Hz, International
- Connector: EU cord provided
- 3-axis gyro
- 3-axis accelerometer
- Normal Operation
- Battery Low
- Battery Dead
- Smart Sense Mode Detected
- Factory Code
- 400mm, Fits 5’1″ to 6’7″
- Seat can be cut down or longer seat posts can be used to adjust for height if needed. (Standard 1″ diameter seat post)
- Operating temperature: 32° to 113° F (0° to 45° C),
- Nonoperation temperature: −4° to 113° F (−20° to 45° C),
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Formula 1
- Volvo Car Corporation
- Audi R18
- Auto Expo
- Car care tips
- FIA WEC
- Land Rover
- Maruti Suzuki
- Nico Rosberg
- Tata Motors
- Volvo Technology
- 'diesel tax'
- Audi R18 e-tron quattro
- Audi R18 LMP1
- Audi India
- Audi Driving Experience
- Audi A8
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Anti-lock Brakes
- Andre Schürrle
- Alto 800
- Allgäu-Orient Rally
- Active Safety Test Area AB
- Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose
- 24 Hours of Le Mans
- 1956 MG Magnette ZA
- 1933 Humber
- 1932 Ford V8 DeLuxe Phaeton
- 1926 Auburn Tourer
- 1925 Fiat Tipo 103
- 1924 Rolls-Royce 20 HP Barker Tourer (GLK 21)
- 1906 Renault Freres
- 14th Maruti Suzuki Raid-de-Himalaya